BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

PEER COURT!


Wow. Peer court… IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! it was one of the really great experiences I’ve had at FVHS… something only second to International Week :P

So I was one of the nine jurors in the first case, trying to decide what kind of punishment I should give to an 18 year old that was driving without a license. Can't say much about it here because then it wouldn't be confidential (i feel important saying that) :)

I was a little nervous volunteering for juror because I have almost no idea about laws and all of that stuff. It's all still pretty new to me, but the whole idea of PEER court is pretty cool becuase we can relate to how the guilty people feel and why they might have committed those crimes.


It was such a good experience being a juror, I'm SO GOING TO DO JURY DUTY when I'm an adult. I wish that they had peer court every month...but then I'd probably be better off doing mock trial, right? Oh well, at least I'm in MUN.


School is going pretty good right now, apart from all the homework and seriousness of lots of my classes (Wired baron doesn't really make it on that list) :D. Guess i'm just so used to last year, where everyone was still chasing each other in class and making the most random remarks. But it was fun. lots and lots of fun...


okay so now the political corner:

HILLARY CLINTON. man, she is insane. so insane that she's probably, MOST PROBABLY going to win the election. There aren't a lot of people that are still for the Republicans, and Clinton is just the smartest and most fit for the presidency. So lots and lots of years ago, when her hair was still poofy and long and her husband wasn't even president yet, she was campaigning for a healthcare plan that nobody was for. So here she is now, going for the same healthcare plan...and it looks like people might accept it. I feel like we're in a time warp or something. Hillary Clinton is going for the same healthcare plan that she was for over a decade ago, and OJ Simpson is back in court. WOW.


Kay, g2g and start my homework...at 10 p.m. Wish me luck. :)




3 comments:

Sabrina said...

what's gotten into you today? kim is actually posting, and long posts at that. wow! yeah, keep up the good work... i feel the same about peer court, i was gonna write a post on it too. probably will, when i have more time

.... said...

ahahha thanks for the comment Kim.

You like politics? I think we're going to have a feature nxt school yr cuz of the upcoming election. You should volunteer :D

tooba said...

Yeah, PEER court was awesome, even though I just sat there :). I'm definantly going to the next one...if I don't have a lot of homework. O yea kim, the first thing that caught my eye on this was...INTERNATIONAL WEEK!!! :D