BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 27, 2007

coolidge, arizona II

i thought this would be funny.
i'm still in the library in Arizona, still at the computer, and the gangster is still sitting next to me. but he's on now.
anyway- out of the 5 people on computers, the only people under 18 would be...me and the gangster. the other three are WAY over their 70s.
the phrase "making a racket" suddenly came to mind.
one of the ladies all of a sudden yelled, "Haw do ya tuurn the vaaaluuuumme dowwn? it's hurtan mah earzzz!"
and the man next t0 her tried to shove his library card into some random slot in the computer, to "activate" it, and ended up cussing at the computer and saying computers were "gafts frum duh Deval."
and the man next to him is humming some military song from when he served in the Vietnam War, telling us "kids" to "chairish the freedum y'all have, yunguns!"
i told y'all this before, and i'm tellin' y'all again:
I LOVE THIS PLACE.

1 comments:

Tytus said...

This post and the first brings a smile to my face.

I've been to small towns before (there are about 100 people total in the state of Montana), but I've never had the patience to sit back and enjoy the experience. I'm afraid I was too busy complaining about how empty and desolate the place was. That, and my dad always trying to get me to play golf with him.

And old people are so funny. Will we be like that when we hit seventy?

I'm glad you're enjoying your time in Coolidge. Thanks for the great posts.