BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

so it's been a year since i asked you...asked you something, that's all i remember. can you believe it?
so much pain, hate-sadness
i see you sometimes-and sometimes you avoid me but i don't know- am i just being paranoid?
remember that time you sat down with me- and i worshiped you- you made me feel better
your class- your note to me
at the end of the year, don't
let that be the last with meaning-
the day- the last day- i got it- hurriedly
flipped through the pages- looking- to see what
you wrote-
and the day i signed yours- taking my time, forgetting what to say- shaking, yes, my hands
shaking even, the last thing with meaning-
actual meaning that i would ever give
to you- last year, last year.
to talk, to comfort- to be there
last year- sweet memories, sun shining,
laugh, cry, tears of joy, remembering
you and everything finely
laced with pain, guilt,
those last days, love, cherish, hold on tight
to the memoires, the music,
play on- keep playing it forever.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

*Be prepared for a long comment* Your cryptic way of writing makes it hard to understand who you're talking about. I know that's the way you want it and it's really interesting to read and I love reading your writing. But eventually, it becomes obvious to me who and what you're referring to. Maybe it's just because I know you so well. I've always known how much every one of those memories meant to you, and I'm glad you remember them. But I'm going to end on a serious note, in some cases (very specific cases), it's just better to forget and let go of the past. I'll leave you with a quote (I think Desiree used this in one of her posts): "Don't worry about the people in your past; there's a reason they didn't make it to your future."

Zack said...

Y'know...
that's a pretty good quote!

I like that.
I'm going to remember that.