BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 1, 2009




Anderson Cooper is one of the better looking journalists out there. and he's quite a journalist. since he joined CNN in 2001, he's won 3 emmy awards for his broadcasting. he accurately gives the news, asks questions, and demands answers. Anderson Cooper, a Yale graduate, son of Gloria Vanderbilt, is one of the most highly acclaimed broadcasters. and i happen to share the opinion that he's one of the better looking broadcasters.
so when i found out, no less than 2 hours ago, that he's gay, i laughed.
my dad knew what i was googling (is anderson cooper gay?) and told me to stop making fun of people when he heard me laughing.
but i wasn't making fun of him. i was laughing because the word "finally" was running through my head.
finally. i have an answer.
when i hear people say-- about anyone-- "Ewww, he's gay? That's so gross." I have someone who I love--because of his merit and passion-- to support my thoughts, "Why's that gross? Why is being gay gross? You know who's gay? Anderson Cooper is gay. And I can't find anything about him that is gross."
Now, don't give me the BS that Cooper is one of the exceptions to all the "gross/immoral/unethical-gays" out there. I'm sure there are gays that are "immoral". And I'm sure there are straights that are even more "immoral".
I can no more say that Anderson Cooper is gross because he's gay than tell my friend she's stupid because she doesn't share my opinion that Americans shoud live on mushroom omelets.
I don't find it wrong that people have their opinions. I have mine about gays, and I understand why people would have a different opinion about them. There's nothing wrong with that.
But when people try to impose their opinions on others--that's what is wrong.
---
I'm over the passing of Prop 8. It's the side comments from others that get on my nerves.

3 comments:

.... said...

Oh, you crazy liberal.

Someone told me that once.

Well, mister, it isn't about being liberal or conversative. It's about being open minded. It's about respect. It's about tolerance, cooperative, and knowledge.

But enough of my purposeless ranting: how's the Cheating article editing going, eh?

Myrawr said...

No wayyyy!
I would've never guess
=O
More power to him!

sabrina said...

Haha Kim. Don't worry about it. If our plan succeeds, you can ask him personally instead of searching on google ;)