BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 18, 2009

7.16.2009






i waited for 3 months.
i set my hopes on seeing adam lambert with my own eyes
and the day came
and the concert started
and adam lambert came out and sang.
and danced.
and took off his jacket.
jazmin and i screamed ourselves hoarse
we danced our way to embarrassment
and then,
one of my favorite songs,
Starlight by Muse.
i thought nothing was better than the original
and adam surpassed it by at least 10 times.
and at that moment--as he sang about our hopes and expectations,
black holes and revelations, as the disco ball lit up the stadium, bathed in sliver and blue light-- i knew.
it was the best moment of my life.
rocking out with adam, the music so loud the floor, the chair, the air, shook, and i knew.
some memories stay forever, some fade.
and as i think back, and the music isn't as loud, and the light isn't as bright--
all i can think-- best night of my life, best night of my life, best night of my life.
pure bliss.

0 comments: